Cyberfight FAQ v. 0.99author: d1monn
translation from Russian to English: Lexx
Cyberfight (cyberfight.ru | cyberfight.org) primordially was planned to be a portal that will allow readers to express themselves to the max. This means: contributing (news, articles, interviews, uploading demos and configs). And to discuss various events via comments and forum. In other words - to feel like you are a part of eSport-community, to realise your contribution to eSport. And whole lot more.
- Detail one. Only registred user can take active part in the life of our website. Currently we have about 30000 registred users.
- Detail two.Unfortinately, contingent of gamers is not always proper for instant contribution (without admin check). It turned out that users must be controlled, that's why cyberfight's administrators exist. Let's talk about cyberfight's user hierarchy.
Structure of cyberfight's users:
1. Anonymous (not registred users)
- Sharing opinion (comments) on website's content in anonymous mode (ip adress will be visible to every user).
- File access (download)
2. Registred users
- Sharing opinion (comments) on website's conent under own, unique nickname.
- Access for contributing to the site (news, articles, interviews, demos, configs).
- All content that is added by registred users will appear at our web-site after approval from Administrators
3. Advanced, registred users
- Access for contributing news, demos, columns, interviews, columns without check
- Access is provided to many editing possibilities
- Access to publication of your own columns without check (check is also possible).
5. Section Administrators
- Full control within one section.
6. Head Administrators
- Full content, outlook and engine control of cyberfight.
Information about registration:
- register - After filling all requried information and finishing the registration you will receive an e-mail with your new password and login details. One e-mail cannot be used more than once.
Hint: you can Login to our site instantly after registration, go to "Personal info" section and change your current password to a new, more easier for you.
- lost password - here you can get a new password instead of the old, lost one.
Let's look at all cyberfight's sections.
main-page - http://cyberfight.org
Fully built from logical blocks that are made for reader's convinience. You will see the changes from your last visit in all main blocks at once. In other words, every cyberfight's page is like LEGO, which can be changed with the help of few operations from admin menu. Readers read (wow!) and comment latest news, articles, interviews, columns, download demos. Here reader only reads information and interacts with the site. Outlook of the main page sometimes is changed for easier read (ex. - big tournament's coverage).
News - http://cyberfight.org/site/news/
If you have registred and logged in to our site then in the right upper corner of your browser window you will see magic "add" button, when you press it you will be redirected to our news script which will allow you to add news to our site. But first your news will be approved by administrator (usually me or Polosatiy). Why the news must be approved before appearing at the main page? We have certain rules and style, and before posting your news we have to make sure that it's ok.
Successful usage of cyberfight's news script, the guide.
(all that you can read below is for Logged In users only after login proceed to "News" section).
1. Step One - uploading images
Press the "Add" link in the right part of the page. A window will pop-up, this is our News script. In step one you will be able to add image that may be reqiued for your news. Just browse your HDD and add .jpg or .gif file, you may also specify direct url to the picture on some web-site. Then you will have to choose width of thumbnail, and you will have to give the title for picture as well.
As soon as you are finished with pictures press "Continue" button to advance to Step Two.
2. Step Two - newswirting
In the begining decide weather your news be only in English or Russian or in both. Select the language of the news (RU, END or RU+ENG). Write the title, and begin to write the news itself
* Tip. It's better to write news in NotePad or any other text-editor before posting it on the site.
News can be easily formatted with the help of Control Panel which allows You to insert hyperlinks, change size and color of the text, make indent and justification etc. If you have ever used Microsoft Word then it will not be hard for you to use the Panel.
We also have HTML-mode for advanced users, when you turn it on you can write in clear HTML mode with all tags.
Attention: before posting the news don't forget to switch off tick on the HTML-mode.
3. Step Three - the last touch.
Alright, you wrote the news. If you had added pictures in Step One, then you can see them in the upper part of your browser-window. There is something like [jpg_1234] under each picture. For placing pictures among the text simply copy [jpg_1234] to the place you want your picture to be situated. There are three tags for formatting pictures:
[right][jpg_1234][/right] or [left][jpg_1234][/left] or [center][jpg_1234][/center]
After you uploaded pictures and checked for grammer/style mistakes you may press the Finish button. News script will automatically redirect you to updated "news" section.
* Hint. Some news are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. It's actually easier since the news can be edited and formated by administrator who has a lot of experience in these things. In this case you will not be present in the author field, but you will get mentioned in the news it self.
- News must be eSport-related.
- Before writing a news you must learn the style of news-writing. If you write a news make sure you thought if it has any worth for the readers.
- We do not allow overloading news with hyperlinks that are mostly AD-related and don't have any particular sense.
- If you were using information from different web-site while writing news/article always give credits to the source
Demos - http://cyberfight.org/site/demos/
Every registred user can upload a demo by pressing ADD button in the right side of our site, or just by clicking the proper section on the menu (which is located on the left side - http://cyberfight.org/uploaddemo.php)
Of course it's requied to fill all fields (name vs. name; POV; map; description; tournament) and attach the demo-file.Upload works fine even for modem users, it was proved by two years of our successful work.
- Size limit - 20Mb
- timeout - 40 minutes
- Archive standarts - .zip (except for replays from Warcraft3 and Starcraft).
Fact: 95% of demos are uploaded by administrators. This is the reality of the process. We give higher priorities to demos from various big eSport-tournaments, leagues and friendly games of top-players. Our aim is simple, we try to give the readers best demo records of the world.
Some advices for uploading a demo:
1. Demo must be from some tournament (it will be better if it has POV from the tournament's winner). Friendly games with 90% railgun don't turn on anyone out here, so we don't need them, only official please.
2. You may query me with question, what can unknown players do to make their demo be on the site. For example if they are sure that they play really well and the demo is trully worth watching. The asnwer is quite simple, write about that in the corresponding info field. You will have even more chances if you will send me an e-mail as well (email@example.com) I try not to leave letters without answering them.
Columns - http://cyberfight.org/site/columns/
Situation is as follows. I pick columnists by myself. I try to do it the way so a lot of famous and interesting people would write for you. Add script is similiar to the one that was described earlier.
A lof of people ask me, how can they get a column on our portal?
Well, you can send an article of yours to firstname.lastname@example.org and join correspondence till your "fate" will be decided (Allow/Decline/Put in reserve). You can also define URL for your publications on the net, if there are any. This probably is the most convinient way for both, me and You. There are people who I invite myself, if I like their style and articles.
Coverages - http://www.cyberfight.org/site/coverage/
Information to Coverages section of our portal can be added only by administrators.
Forum (around 10 000 russian users) - http://forum.cyberfight.org/
You have to register seperately to our Forum since it uses different engine.
WebChat - http://irc.cyberfight.org/
Every cyberfight reader can connect to our official IRC-Channel - #c58 в irc without special software, you can do it via web.
- Or you can read the instruction for connecting to IRC network
Votings - http://www.cyberfight.org/site/polls/
Votings can be added only by administrators. But everyone can take part in them, we also recived your ideas on various votings
Strategies - http://www.cyberfight.org/offline/strategy/
Hardware - http://www.cyberfight.org/offline/hardware/
Files - http://www.cyberfight.org/offline/files/
Movies - http://www.cyberfight.org/offline/movie/
Content in these sections is updated only by moderators. We can also approve contribution from our readers, you can ask us for hosting file/movie on our ftp, mail email@example.com
Configs - http://cyberfight.org/offline/configs/
When you enter this section you press Add button which is located on the right side of our site and in the pop-up window you can write the title of the config and attach it as well. After our approval your config will appear in our database.
Recomendation: name your config after your nick, then you won't have to look for it when you enter the Configs section.
You have the ability to publish your own interviews and articles on cyberfight. To do that you will have to enter the corresponding section of our site and press the Add button on the right. Add script is similiar to the one you could see in News section. The only difference is a small field where you can write-up a small preview of your interview/article you are going to publish.
Important: parameters for preview picture are 80x80 pixels.
Users can contribute to this section as well, but usually it's used only by reporters/administrators of cyberfight for photo-sessions from various esport tournaments.
Cyberfight has a lot of subservient sections in the INFO category, for example editing/updating/deleting news, but they can be used only by head-administrators of the portal.
*This FAQ (guide) will be modified/updated in future. You can send us ideas and notes on that as well.